The incident reportedly occurred on April 9th, 2017 and is separate from the sexual assault incident that occurred in late January that involved three MSU football players that remain unidentified as well as staff member Curtis Blackwell's suspension and arrest that occurred in late February. That charge was dismissed last month after Robertson went through a diversionary program.
Nothing was submitted to the Prosecutor's Office at the time, but now police said they have handed the criminal sexual assault case over to the prosecutor.
Robertson also had charges dropped in September 2015 after allegations of criminal mischief/damaging property and resisting law enforcement, according to Allen Superior Court 5 records.More news: Meteor Shower To Light Up Weekend Sky
"Despite these measures, Auston broke our trust and expectations by putting himself in a compromising situation", Dantonio said. He also successfully completed his one-year diversionary program as directed by the court, which included a 22-week course focused on behavior changes that began in IN and was transferred to the state of Michigan (Prevention and Training Services).
Robertson was a four-star recruit from Ft. He signed with the Spartans in 2016, but Michigan State did not announce until late March of that year weeks after signing day that it had accepted his letter of intent. This was a multiple-step process that continued through his final admission in the summer. Robertson is the only player so far to be publicly named. He made three tackles and forced a fumble.
"We will continue to educate and enforce high standards for the program", coach Mark Dantonio said after initially learning of the alleged incident. I expect all of our players to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and principles of Michigan State University. "That player was immediately suspended on Sunday from all team activities as soon as we were notified of the situation", Dantonio said. Download our Spartans Xtra app for free on Apple and Android devices!