Wounded Bartra says blasts 'hardest 15 minutes' of his life

Dortmund players acknowledge the supporters after losing 2-3 during the Champions League quarterfinal first leg soccer match between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco in Dortmund, Germany, Wednesday, April 12, 2017.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos suggested he felt Dortmund players had been treated like "animals", while Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim admitted it was hard for the players to concentrate as his side secured a 3-2 victory.

"We were told by text message that Uefa was making this decision", said Tuchel.

Nuri Sahin said the horror of the attack on Borussia Dortmund's team bus was at the forefront of his thoughts and confessed he didn't want to play at all against Monaco on Wednesday.

"When you were in the bus last night I can't forget the faces, I will never forget the faces in my life for sure when I saw Marc there and I sit next to Schmelle I will never forget Schmelle's face". "The second half was superb from us, when one considers what we've experienced in the past 24 hours".

"We were not attacked on the field by an opponent; we were attacked from inside the bus as men", Tuchel said in a post-match broadcast interview with former Norway global Jan Aage Fjortoft.

The 26-year-old had an operation after breaking the radial bone in his arm when three explosions went off as the bus made its way to the stadium shortly before Dortmund's Champions League clash with AS Monaco.

More news: Rep. Chaffetz will not seek re-election in 2018

"We were attacked as men and we tried to solve the problem on the ground", said Tuchel, who has been in charge of the Bundesliga side since 2015.

"I know football is very important, we love football, we suffer with football. and I know we earn a lot of money, we have a privileged life".

"It is very hard to think to go and play football".

"I have a bit more experience than my players and I told them not to worry so much about it, try not to think so much about it, it does not get better", Tuchel said. "A player is injured, but UEFA chose to play".

A suspected Islamic extremist was arrested on Wednesday over the attack.

The German Federal Prosecutor's Office said three similar letters claiming responsibility found near the site of the attack before the original postponed fixture on Tuesday night made an Islamic extremist motive possible.

"The investigations have so far resulted in no evidence that the suspect had taken part in the attack", the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Edition: